Monday, August 4, 2008

Sheep-shank : rope :: Tesseract : space-time

Let's tie a sheep-shank in Time. Yesterday was January 11th. All those other months since the last post are the outside loop that doesn't actually matter to the length anymore. Therefore, let's have no undue fussin'.

You'd think after all that time there'd be stuff to report. Unfortunately this is somehow not the case. If you don't believe me, I'll run through the list of projects and show you what's what.

  • An Orange For William is chief on my mind, since we just met about it yesterday. You know how usually after you write something and then let it sit for a week or two or twenty, when you pick it up again it seems pretty terrible? The complete OPPOSITE just happened here, and Orange has never looked more promising. We read through it in its entirety, did some (fairly minor) revisions and are in the process of rewriting 2 chapters. Alex is on the lookout for a publishing agent because in all seriousness, this could go places, but not if we self-publish. If only they made publishing agents with seriously fucked up senses of humor.

  • Don't Drink The Bleach is stuck. Maybe indefinitely, I don't know. For an unexplained reason I've had a number of people contact me only recently telling me they're super-excited about it, and that devotion from people who didn't even work on it, coupled with the fact that it's a finished film, resparked my personal desire to get it out there. Don't give up hope yet, we haven't forgotten about Bleach. Still, a poke and a prod in the form of an email or a comment telling us we suck at delivering our promises can't hurt our motivation. I've heard that death-threats are doubly effective.

  • Catchpenny Phoenix is being written. Or at least, that's what I hear. I have it on good authority that it is. So, that about covers it.

  • Unpublishable Productions hasn't been spoken about out loud in months. Honestly, that's the least of our concerns right now. So who knows.


Check back in another 7 months to find that nothing has really changed!

Wait! I mean check back soon to find some totally interesting new stuff written here. Probably not movie/book related, but still, totally interesting. Interesting and fu-u-un.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this movie ever coming out? I helped you do the score, and you wanted to put our song "Blue Deluge" during the credits.

All that work on your part, and then poof... nothing? Come on..... an email would be nice.


-Chris Caulder / Beauty's Confusion