Friday, October 19, 2007

So, how about that Ebola?

It's been a week, technically, since the last post (which is bullshit; it should not become a new day until it's light out! It is NOT Friday yet, dammit!), so I figured I should say something about other things.

We've (Aneta, Alex and myself) come up with a name for our production company: Miniature Carousel Productions. Doesn't it just summon up all kinds of images of tiny plastic horses, tiny tinkling music, and tiny screaming children throwing up everywhere? Love it.

"An Orange For William" is coming along nicely. We've only got the first drafts of a few pages so far, but it's already hilarious. This is going to be something you will want, let there doubt about it.

That's it for us news. Now to me news.

The beginning of this week was less than ideal, since I was up through entire nights doing work. Not cool. It was all made up for, though, by a 10-hour powernap today. I have been in an indefatigable mood ever since; I'm so content it almost hurts.

I discovered about a week ago that the entire guy's wing of our floor plays Starcraft. (It's curious; most of them aren't what people would normally consider to be geeks or anything, so banish the thought from your head. BANISH IT.) Since then, we've been doing little else. Really, the other people in the building are wondering what the hell happened to the entire 6th floor; "Where is the 6th floor?" they say as they sit around doing nothing in the lobby all day. "We've got people here from every floor but that one." It's because our women are busy baking (seriously) and all the guys are playing Starcraft over the school network. My whiteboard is currently inhabited by a running scoreboard, and every other board in the hall is covered in scrawled drawings of futuristic war machines and alien terrors.

Glorious.

In other news, I'm getting a little more into improv. I joined the Agents just because someone approached me with a mailing list, and since I "have laughed in the past, are laughing now, or plan to laugh in the future", I qualified to sign up. I didn;t go to any meetings since improv? Not my thing. But I happened to run into someone on their way to a meeting, tagged along, and laughed harder than I ever have in my life.

So I kept going to meetings, participated a little, and really enjoyed myself. So people ask if any new people want to learn some basics? of course I go. I could see myself getting at least good enough to perform in the free shows we put on monthly. I find it a little weird that I tend to get on better with these theater-type people than with the video game geeks. I felt a little threatened when with the VGA, as though I constantly had to prove my geekiness lest I be shunned as an outsider. Maybe I'm not quite as geeky as I thought. Oh well.

Last news: Dimitri Martin is a very funny guy. He performed here tonight, and it was an enjoyable experience. He made a song about one of the Agents members who was working the show. Pretty great.

EDIT:
An important note:
If I got a million dollars, I would probably spend most of it on geeky tee-shirts. Only then would I remember that rather expensive movie we're making. DAMMIT.

EDIT #2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, that has interfered... At me a similar situation. It is possible to discuss.