Tuesday, October 2, 2007

When the world gets in his face, Bon Jovi says:

Today was totally awesome. Seriously.

Have you ever had a day where everything just went right? That was totally today for me. I would hesitate to call it the best day of my life, because nothing extraordinary happened. It's just that everything went right. Spot on.

Started right away:

  1. I woke up in time to finish my homework. It was very easy to complete. There was zero frustration involved.

  2. Found my watch which has been missing for weeks. Woohoo!

  3. Got my physics exam back. I have been sucking at physics this year, so I had low expectations, especially after talking with Blue Haired Kid. But you know what? ACED IT, BABY. Totally awesome.

  4. Got out of physics with enough time to get to bio. I walked a little slow, so I didn't quite make it, but they were only three mins or so into our weekly quiz. I step into the classroom and go to my usual (late) desk, and lo and behold, there's already a paper! I look around in confusion and the grad student TA catches my eye. He gives me a nod, and I understand. We had a moment. It was a nice moment. Also the quiz was exceedingly easy this time around.

  5. Got my bio lab assignment done right away. Normally I start on Monday and don't finish until Wednesday, but today breezing occurred and the whole thing was done (before the engineering lab closed. Sweet, sweet BLAST-database and global base pair alignment. (NOTE: I totally had to do work on the Eyeless gene today. And you know what? It was the eyeless gene in FLIES. That's messed up, man.)

  6. I was heading to dinner when I was SWALLOWED UP, Jonas-style, into a group of people from the 5th floor. The experience was both hilarious and life-threatening (do not, under any circumstances, try to laugh while eating rice. You will die). Met several people and good times were had by all.

  7. Our wing of the 6th floor ordered pizza, which was exceedingly delicious. Win!

  8. Alex and I have come up with an outstanding idea for a new movie (don't worry, Bleach is still happening. It is now entirely impossible to stop it now. It's out of our hands), one that is too fabulous for words. It won't actually happen, of course; it's entirely implausible for us to film it. But a screenplay is both a possibility and an inevitability! It's being written right now! Here's an example of us brainstorming names:

    ME: Bruce?
    ALEX: Too homagey.
    ME: Kyle?
    ALEX: Too metrosexual.
    ME: Ralph?
    ALEX: Gay.
    ME:Derek?
    ALEX: Gay.
    ME: Max?
    ALEX: Fat.
    ME: Ernie?
    ALEX: Stupid.
    ME: Owen? Zack? Austin? Tyler? Mason? Clitoris?
    ALEX: WHAT!?
    ME: Nothing.

    It'll be great. You can already tell.

So, yes. Best day ever? Strong candidate! (Ron Paul? What?)

No comments: