Monday, September 10, 2007

Minor Bleach Update

Okay, I was hoping for a fairly large Bleach update (Why? Because I'm a masochist, and I enjoy doing hours of tedious coding. You're not getting a better answer than that), but Alex didn't have much content this time around. Apparently things have been busy, which is understandable, I guess. Maybe I'm the only one bored out of his mind at college so far.

(Question: why do rock bands feel they have to include, in each album, a slow song? It's not like the people who go out and buy their albums actually want music like that. Grar.)

So the update is small, but still significant: we added an interview subsection to the Media area, and added a great essay by Nick Mastracchio about the nature of the "production bitch". Read it here. I think the plan is to add more such interviews as time goes on and Bleach: The Book* starts to come together. More to look forward to.

Speaking of looking forward to, I was IM'd yesterday by a fan living in Indiana by the name of Kyle, who is apparently intensely excited for Bleach. I have my screenname up on the blog for just that reason: if you have questions about the film that you don't want answered, I'd be happy to not know the answers for you. You can still IM me, in the event you want to meet someone who will never, ever be famous. It's encouraging to know we have fans devoted enough to actually make contact. (Note: if you actually have a question about the movie that you want answered, there's a Contact Us feature on the site that actually works. Feel free to use it, or leave a message on myspace, or anything at all.)

(SERIOUSLY, Rise Against, Breaking Benjamin and Skillet, my top favorites, are pretty hard rock bands, but they all have really slow, rather sappy songs that completely clash with the rest of their music. Rise Against is known for its songs about riots and bar fights, while Skillet's music generally has a lot of energy. Breaking Benjamin, who generally like to roar in most of their music, should never make a song called "Stay in Love Forever". I'm all for diversity, but...wait, no I'm not. Stick to what you know.)

In unrelated news, I hate Mondays, because I have class from 10 until 4. It truly sucks. On the upside, I've found that Engineering II, the building they never bothered to actually name, is a great place to hang out in those useless 1-hour breaks, especially when it takes you 20 minutes to get to your dorm from the science complex.

Halo 3 comes out in less than a week, and I find myself 360-less. Looks like it's time to make friends with that annoying kid on the 5th floor, who seems like he would be cool if he weren't too smart for his own good. He started talking about Alien today, and I felt a connection...until he compared it to a heterotopia, and the theories of literary critic Cesare Casarino. Don't you just hate that?

*Not the actual name. At least, it'd better not be. I'm rooting for Go On, Drink It, I Dare You.**

**Not really.

No comments: