Sunday, September 23, 2007

You're quick. No one's ever beaten the SNAKE before!

I've been calling myself a 'geek' for a few years now, but as painful as it is to admit it, I had not seen the Mad Max trilogy until tonight. I had every reason in the world to do so: it's one of the most famous and oft-quoted of all geek movies. Deveau, my calculus teacher last year, counts it among her favorite movies ever, and she loved both The Stand and Firefly. Fallout is based heavily off it (to the point of including the character Mad Max in both games). I've meant to see it for a long time, but only got around to it tonight. Better late than never, I guess; that's one more item off my Geek List I can check off.

GEEK LIST:
  • Name a Star Wars species other than Wookie or Ewok

  • Work on a robot

  • Play Starcraft, Diablo, and Fallout (the classics!)

  • Have an Isaac Asimov collection

  • Wear a USB flash drive at all(most) times

  • Either own a mac or run Linux

  • Have a folder on your computer entitled "LOLcats"

  • Publish a website

  • Become fluent in C++

  • Repair an electronic device that appears to be irreparable

  • Hack something. Anything.

  • Go to the midnight release of a non-mainstream game (Fallout 3 Fall 2008!)
  • Attend a LAN party

  • Join a D&D group

  • Watch Firefly, Star Trek, and BSG

  • Watch The Thing

  • Watch the Star Wars Holiday Special

  • Watch the Matrix Trilogy

  • Watch/play the Chronicles of Riddick Trilogy

  • Watch the Mad max Trilogy

  • Produce an independent film(Not really.)


Note: this is what is required for me to consider myself a geek. Don't be all "YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME!" on me. Although if you're the type of person who would do that, I will never ever consider you a geek. Haha.

If you feel I missed anything crucial, add it as a comment. I will a) boast that I've done it, b)say it's a stupid criterion, or c)lament my state as a poser-geek.

1 comment:

Bleachman said...

Additions include reading Dune, which is a no, and watching the Alien Quadrilogy, which is an OMFG YES. (Aliens, the second one, was the best, followed (closely) by Alien: Resurrection. You say it's heresy to disrespect the original thriller? I say it was boring as hell.)