Saturday, September 8, 2007

OMG Blog

Hi. I'm Chris. I made a movie! Isn't that great?!

Ok, I produced a movie. Co-produced. The actual creators are two high school friends of mine, Alex Yan (now a film student) and Aneta Klusak (now at Dartmouth as a who-knows-what major). The pair of them wrote and directed this film in the summer of 2007, following our graduation. It was a great summer project, a great way to wrap up the good times we had throughout high school. It's become known as Don't Drink The Bleach.

Somewhere along the line, we got it in our heads that we could do more with this project than just watch it ourselves and lock it in the vault. We had a film fanatic, a well-connected and persistent bitch (much love), and a (newbie) techno-geek at our disposal, so why not aim a little higher (just a little higher!)? Stick up a website, enter some film festivals, see how far we can ride it.

So that's my excuse for making a blog. It's not the reason I'm making it; I'm making it so I can spill my life to perfect strangers over teh interwebs. I just never had a real motivation to do it before now. Bleach needs exposure, and I'm on the verge of losing contact with this project altogether (rather than living within 30 seconds of Alex and 10 minutes of Aneta, we're now each occupying a different state). Rather than fail, due to distance, my job as producer (what the hell does a producer do, anyway? Can anyone tell me? I still don't know.), I can create a blog and talk about the movie while I talk about the rest of my life. Sounds good? Yes.

Objectives:
Blogspot: Introduce Bleach
You gain 100 XP
LEVEL UP

So, me? I'm a freshman physics student at Uconn, in Storrs. I write a lot, but finish very little; I read a lot, and finish most of it. I'm kind of a scifi nut, and I'm sure that'll come up here often. I created and preside over the website www.bleachfilm.com, which has been an experience (long story short: I knew not a shred of html before Bleach. The entirety of the website was created using Notepad. I happen to own Dreamweaver, but I also have a highly overdeveloped sense of adventure.)
I like gaming, and am mourning the loss of my X-Box 360 (which remains in Waterbury, since it's a co-ownership deal with my (slightly) younger brother). In lieu of advanced eletronics, I've taken to retro-gaming on my laptop whom I have affectionately dubbed Lappy 2.0 (lappy 1.0 resides in Waterbury as well, under the new ownership of the aforementioned brother). Reveling in such scifi classics as Starcraft, Fallout and The Thing. Hehe.

That'll do for now, I think...you'll get to know me pretty well as I start posting regularly.

Tonight's homework: check out www.bleachfilm.com

No comments: